nsca old server with new nsca client

Eric Stanley estanley at nagios.com
Thu Feb 9 00:31:26 CET 2012

Albert,

The packet size was increased in 2.9 that caused 2.9 clients to fail
with older servers and 2.9 servers to fail with older clients. A fix was
implemented in the server in 2.9.1 that would allow older clients to
connect to it, but 2.9 and newer clients will not be able to talk to
older servers because they still use the larger packet size.

The reason the fix is in the server is because there are far fewer
servers than clients, meaning less things to replace in order to get
things working. If you update your server, your older clients should be
able to connect.

Hope that helps.

Eric

--