No Sound Alerts from Ubuntu, Nagroid on Android works GREAT

Brian brian at texnet.com
Tue Feb 7 21:48:35 CET 2012

I used to have this working with Mepis and it worked once or twice with
gecko-media plugin on ubuntu 10.4 but not reliably, never on 10.11,

I tried a windows box with these as well. It wants to install some adobe
program that needs to be installed manually (useless OS).

cat index.html
ns1

<!--<EMBED src="redalert.wav" autostart=true loop=false volume=100
hidden=true><NOEMBED><BGSOUND src="redalert.wav"></NOEMBED>-->

<EMBED src="redalert.m3u" autostart=true hidden=true>

<done cat>

I installed media player for browsers based on vlc, gecko-media plug in
e,stroked, massaged with firefox, Chrome with no luck.

I have yet to try this on Icinga.

Nagios321 is installed on run of the mill Lenny in /usr/local/nagios321
and all 700 services and configurations work flawlessly on about 75+ boxes
including custom Xen VM checks, jboss memory checks, jboss active
sessions, jboss active thread, right smack on the backboe of the internet,
the list goes on! I got all the "hard" stuff covered but no skueeking to
get me attention ;~(>

If it weren't for my phone I'd be SOL.

TIA for and thoughts or suggestions.

believed to be clean.