nsca old server with new nsca client

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Tue Feb 7 22:48:43 CET 2012

 Le 07/02/2012 à 13:34:21-0800, Mike Lindsey a écrit
> On 2/7/12 12:10 PM, Albert Shih wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Is there any way I can use a new (2.9.1) client nsca (send_nsca) with old
> > server (2.7.x) ?
>
> 2.9.1 shouldn't include any backwards incompatible code.  That said, the

I don't known....All I known is the new version of client don't work (for
me) when the server is the old one.

I've two nagios server, on one I run the new version of nsca-server and
everything working. On the second from same client with old sever I was
unable to make passive service working.

> normal cross-version issues have been with newer server, and older
> client so I'm not sure "old server" has been sufficiently tested with
> "new client"...
>
> Is there a particular reason why you can't upgrade your server side?

Well...let's «it's complicated» ;-)

In fact I solve my problem by recompiling on the client the 2.7.2 version
of nsca client. But well...the problem still here...

I can run some test if you like.

The client running FreeBSD 8.2 and the server running Linux Debian.

Regards.

JAS
--
Albert SHIH