check_openmanage

Ashcor Technologies ashcor at optonline.net
Tue Apr 26 17:20:19 CEST 2011

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Trond Hasle Amundsen wrote:

> Ashcor Technologies <ashcor at optonline.net> writes:
>
>> Ok, now new and exciting changes... no matter what I do I get:
>> WARNING PLUGIN TIMEOUT: check_openmanage timed out after 30 seconds.
>>
>> I have -t 60 set on the check_openmanage command and also on the NRPE
>> check command line and in the NSC.ini.  nothing seems to change the
>> timout beyond 30 seconds.
>
> I forgot to mention that since you get that particular error it's the
> plugin that times out, not NRPE or NSClient++. The fact that you're
> unable to change that behaviour with the '-t' or '--timeout' option is
> strange, but it would usually indicate a configuration error on your
> part. You'll have to post the command definition etc. for me (and
> others
> on this list) to be able to spot the error.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>

Trond,

the server is a PowerEdge T105.  It IS running slow but I'll be damned
if I can figure out why, I'm beggining to suspect bad ram as the
performance meter reports minimal load.

in any event.. the bios is up to date.

here is the command line in the NSC.ini

[modules]
command[check_openmanage]=check_openmanage.exe -t 60 --check
fans=0,volt=0

on the nagios server:

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H $hostname$ -p 5666 -c
check_openmanage -t 60

I'm pretty sure it's not the Check_nrpe command line as this works fine
on several other servers.  it's def something on the client server
itself so this points to the NSClient++ setup.

note I have been testing by running NSClient++.exe /test so i can watch
the client server and it is getting the injection command and reporting
the timeout locally.