check_openmanage

Ashcor Technologies ashcor at optonline.net
Tue Apr 26 16:49:16 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Trond Hasle Amundsen wrote:

> Ashcor Technologies <ashcor at optonline.net> writes:
>
>> now my problem is this...
>>
>> Problem running 'omreport chassis fans': Error! No fan probes found
>> on this system.<br/>Problem running 'omreport chassis temps': Error!
>> No temperature probes found on this system.<br/>Problem running
>> 'omreport chassis volts': Error! No voltage probes found on this
>> system.
>>
>> on the NSC.ini i have the following line added and I restarted the
>> NSClient++ service
>>
>> command[check_openmanage]=check_openmanage.exe -b fan=all
>>
>> even tried
>>
>> command[check_openmanage]=check_openmanage.exe -b fan=0
>>
>> however it still tries to check the fan.  I suppose i have a syntax
>> error?
>
> No, that is the correct syntax. Blacklisting won't prevent the
> component
> class from being checked in the first place, it will only suppress any
> info about blacklisted components it in the output and plugin return
> value. To skip fans alltogether use the '--check' option like this:
> '--check fans=0'.
>
> However, unless this is a blade system and the plugin is unable to
> identify it as such for some reason, your server HAS fan probes and
> you're having an OMSA problem. The fact that you get errors for other
> probes such as temperature and voltage confirms this.
>
> You need to recheck that OMSA works, that all relevant OMSA components
> are installed and running etc. It may be as simple as restarting OMSA,
> but it could also be more complex (e.g. BIOS/firmware upgrade needed).
> These errors are pretty generic, but the problem is that OMSA isn't
> working properly on that server.
>
> PS. See this URL about configuring Nagios to not escape HTML code in
> the
> plugin output (to avoid the literal '<br/>'):
>

> http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html#multiline-output
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>

Trond,

interesting points.  I had the same issue with the same server using an
earlier version of OpenManage (probes missing).  Open manage reports no
issues with missing probes, it simply ignores them it seems.  I don't
believe there is a bios upgrade available but I'll double check on that.

still getting the plugin timeout however...