Help with notifications

Marcel mitsuto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:45:26 CET 2009

Well,

You should tell us some setups:

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:38 AM, keshav murthy <nkeshav12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We are using Nagios as our primary monitoring tool which is integrated with
> Remedy (ticketing system) by MasterCell.
>
> Current setup:
> *) Nagios identifies critical "Alert"
> *) mposter_service (agent by Mastercell) is invoked and the alert is passed
> to MasterCell

please post the define for this service, and what kind of service it is? it
is a by-email notification service?  Or it is a webservice where you tell
nagios to post service-information there?

> *) Some Mastercell + Remedy magic is happening here ( I assume, there is
> priority set to each server in Remedy which is compared) and the tickets are
> generated as P1 tickets all the time even for non-critical server.
>

> In a month, we are getting around 8000 P1 tickets for 1600 Servers
> configured in Nagios 3.0.6
>
> Question:
> Is there a notification method possible where in which we can send the
> alert priority along with the notification?

Notifications are just simple commands defined in commands.cfg. You surely
can tailor one of them for your needs (which I'll assume you did as you're
using the mposter_service for integration). If you take a closer look to
commands.cfg, there is a command defined to be the
{host,service}-notification command. I assume you are using another method
differently than email notifications for the creation of your tickets, or
I'm wrong? All parametrization of your service/host-notification command
will depend entirely to you for this integration to be as successfull as it
could be.