MySQL support/assistance in Nagios 2b3?

Yves Junqueira yves.junqueira at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:57:06 CEST 2005

2005/5/27, kmaute at mindspring.com <kmaute at mindspring.com>:
> Folks,
>
> I have had Nagios up for a while and it is doing some helpful things...
>
> I now want to take it to the next level and tie it to our MySQL DB server that we already have up for syslog and other tasks.
>
> All the info I see about Nagios with MySQL support seems to be old and for other distros of Linux than what we are running (Redhat 9).
>
> I did not see any hooks for database support when I ran a ./configure --help or any other helpful clues.
>
> Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

2005/5/27, kmaute at mindspring.com <kmaute at mindspring.com>:
> Folks,
>
> I have had Nagios up for a while and it is doing some helpful things...
>
> I now want to take it to the next level and tie it to our MySQL DB server that we already have up for syslog and other tasks.
>
> All the info I see about Nagios with MySQL support seems to be old and for other distros of Linux than what we are running (Redhat 9).
>
> I did not see any hooks for database support when I ran a ./configure --help or any other helpful clues.
>
> Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>  Kevin

This is one possible solution I've developed, and mentioned a few days
ago in the list:

http://i-admin.blogspot.com/2005/05/tail-nagios-information-and-source.html

It works quite well for me.

If you need more complexity, use "insert into" instead of "replace" in
tail-nagios.

That will keep historic information of services state and perfomance.

--
Yves Junqueira
Goiânia, Brasil | MSN: yves[]yvesjunqueira.com