MySQL support/assistance in Nagios 2b3?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Fri May 27 21:35:05 CEST 2005

fre, 27.05.2005 kl. 18.33 skrev kmaute at mindspring.com:

> I have had Nagios up for a while and it is doing some helpful things...
>
> I now want to take it to the next level and tie it to our MySQL DB server that we already have up for syslog and other tasks.

2.2b3 here. I thought I'd read in the doco that in version 2 SQL support
had been discontinued. If that is, indeed, the case, then I'd seriously
reconsider the decision.

> All the info I see about Nagios with MySQL support seems to be old and for other distros of Linux than what we are running (Redhat 9).

What are you doing about RH9 updates? I'm running RHAS3 (o.k., on an
active Internet connection) and if I hadn't been running up2date
regularly, the machine would have been 0wn3d or cracked (yes, I have
proof) long ago.

> I did not see any hooks for database support when I ran a ./configure --help or any other helpful clues.
>
> Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Forget it?

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

Eg er bergenser og, eg, men, Trondheims-ordfører Marvin Wiseth:
«Bergenserne er flinke til å gjøre mye ut av lite» (uttalte seg over 17.
mai feiringen iår, men gjelder sannsynligvis og dette mel mitt).