Nagios-Nuvola 1.0

Gael Pourriel gael.pourriel at gmail.com
Sat May 14 10:20:10 CEST 2005

On 13/05/05, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:

> > I don't know if it is what the author wanted, but the expand/collapse
> button
> > images seem to be swapped ('+' displayed when expanded, '-' when
> collapsed).
> Given the names of the variables, I'd say it's a blooper.

Indeed it's an error, I've corrected it and updated package to version 1.0.1

What license is this released under? There's no notice in the package,
> and Mr. Martin didn't specify it in the release notice, only that it was
> open source (there's a very big difference).
>
> I recommend GPL, since that prevents people from making money off it
> without giving code enhancements back to the community, but any free
> license should work nicely. LGPL, BSD and Apache are established and
> fairly nice as well.

I've also added a "license.txt" file in version 1.0.1 but here's what I can
say about the license:

-The icons are from http://www.icon-king.com/ and their license is LGPL

-The graphics are taken from Windows XP interface, I guess that's OK to use
them but people can change them if this become an issue.

-The DHTML Tree Menu is from http://www.icon-king.com/ and it's proprietary
license, but it's not bundle in this package at all so that's not an issue,
if you dont use it, if you do want to use it you need to get a license from
Apycom.

-The DTree Menu is from http://www.destroydrop.com/javascripts/tree/ and
there's no license other than: "This script can be used freely as long as
all copyright messages are intact." which is I what I did, I left them in "
dtree.js" and "dtree.css". I've added changes to it but I cannot change the
license or copyright of the existing code.

So to sum up I think the whole package as a whole can no be released under
GPL but some kind of less restrictive open source license (LGPL at best),
but I do think that the author of DTree has a say in this matter.

If someone knows how to deal with this then please let me know....

Gael