Disable pager alerts for Acknowledgements ?

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Fri Aug 12 11:08:15 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

>    We have some alerts go to a pager that is in the NOC, for audible alerts
> (can't seem to get audible alerts to work with passive service checks, but
> audible alerts work great with active service checks and active host checks).
> My NOC people asked if I can get the alerts to only get send to the pager when
> something goes down, not once each for down/critical, acknowledgement and
> up/recovery.
>    I notice the scripts in misccommands.cfg use the variable $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
> included in the alert. I suppose I could write some kind of wrapper that gets
> called instead of going straight to /bin/mail, but I was hoping there was a
> better (faster, easier, more direct) way.

Sorry, I don't think it's possible to turn off these other notifications
for pagers without turning them off for email as well
(notification_options=c would do that for services). A wrapper script is
probably your best option.

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)