Disable pager alerts for Acknowledgements ?

Michael J McCafferty mike at m5computersecurity.com
Fri Aug 12 01:01:24 CEST 2005

All,

   We have some alerts go to a pager that is in the NOC, for audible alerts
(can't seem to get audible alerts to work with passive service checks, but
audible alerts work great with active service checks and active host checks).
My NOC people asked if I can get the alerts to only get send to the pager when
something goes down, not once each for down/critical, acknowledgement and
up/recovery.
   I notice the scripts in misccommands.cfg use the variable $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
included in the alert. I suppose I could write some kind of wrapper that gets
called instead of going straight to /bin/mail, but I was hoping there was a
better (faster, easier, more direct) way.

   Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J. McCafferty