revised nagios rc script to fix multiple instance problem

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Fri May 14 18:06:34 CEST 2004

With the constant problem with people having multiple running nagios
instances (which has also caught me more than a few times), I hacked
some logic into the rc script to wait for processes to die.  This
should, in theory, stop that from happening (I've yet to see a
recurrence, myself).

Notably, if you do a quick stop/start, there's no guarantees (though
it's easy to add the logic to the stop case).  I just don't like to have
to wait for a stop, because if I'm stopping, it's for a while (so all
nagios processes will have time to die).

Let me know what you think.

BTW, I know I should edit the daemon-init.in in the source, but I'd only
done this for myself originally, so I've not done that part.  If the
devel team wants it for the source, I can, though.   Just ask.
--
jeff vier <jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com>
TT