Tool for centralised deployment of NRPE configs

Simon Lorenz simon.lorenz at fresca.co.uk
Fri May 14 10:39:54 CEST 2004

Morning all,

Is anyone aware of a solution to the problem of managing multiple config
files across an NRPE monitored network? The number of devices we support is
growing rapidly and it would be most beneficial to have an 'Enterprise'
style config management tool kit to push configs and config updates to the
remote devices. With out this solution large network config changes are
certainly going to become something of a time drain + the current
requirement to login, edit, and restart the daemon is very clunky .

I have been considering this for some time, and wondered if this already
exits in some form, or how others get around this issue? Otherwise I intend
to look at developing such a tool kit.

Regards

Simon