Integration of Nagios into Trouble-Ticket-Syst ems (OTRS)

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri May 7 02:28:55 CEST 2004

We use a notification script to handle acknowledgements differently from
warning/critical.

In our reasoning, warning/critical/down/etc should prompt human
investiagtion.  Then upon investigating, that person will enter an
acknowledgement in Nagios to silence the alarm, which also triggers our
ticket system to generate a ticket.

Services that go into problem states and then resolve themselves without
human intervention are logged in monitoring logs but our staff isn't
burdened with managing a ticket for that issue.

Between Nagios and our Ticket System, our users can monitor how productive
their machines and their personel are, respectively.