Integration of Nagios into Trouble-Ticket-Syst ems (OTRS)

Pettersson, Magnus magnus.pettersson at eds.com
Fri May 14 11:13:56 CEST 2004

I have no knowledge of OTRS, but I have made integrations to both Unicenter, and Tivoli earlier. The Unicenter integration was also a Helpdesk integration (ahd).
Both these integrations was made using event-handlers. In my opinion, this is the best approach when it comes to integrating Nagios with other systems. Together with the available macros in Nagios there should be no problem in accomplishing what you want.

/magnus

Dear List,

I am quite unhappy with our integration of Nagios into
our Trouble-Ticket-System (OTRS).
With the standard standard mail functionality of Nagios
it is quite uncomfortable as every mail creates a new
ticket.

Thats why I wanted to ask if somebody has experiences in
integration Nagios into a Trouble-Ticket-System, especially
into OTRS?
Has somebody figured out the best way and the stumbling
blocks for the integration?

The optimum would in my eyes would be some ticket opening
on WARNINGS or ERRORS, the automatic ticket closing on
RECOVERYs and the changes of the agent who is working on
the problem with some comment, when acknowleding a problem.

Thanks for all input,

Matthias

--
Matthias Eichler <me-lists at kernzeit.com>