status.cgi segfault without hostgroup parameter on solaris 10

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Sep 29 14:58:34 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Michael Friedrich
<michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regarding the tracker issue http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=120
>
> I recently fixed that issue on the Icinga CGIs, i've re-checked on Nagios
> CGIs and the SIGSEGV still happens on Solaris 10.
>
> Reproducable on my Solaris box. So the issue is not resolved, yet still
> exists.
>
> Please check https://dev.icinga.org/issues/594 for further explanations. To
> conclude with, it's again printf("%s", NULL) on Solaris.
>
> Since it's rather trivial to fix, I decided to create a patch for Nagios
> too. Attached GIT diff against latest HEAD resolves those issues, changing
> behavior to 'all' when no parameters are provided.

Nice. I'll look through it when I'm done feature-completing Merlin.

> PS: Any chance moving Nagios to GIT in the near future?

It's been discussed and decided. The consensus is that we will as soon
as Ethan has
time to look through git and learn it to an acceptable level so he
feels comfortable
with it. Me and Ton are just waiting for the go-ahead, which we hope
will come rather
soon.

In the meantime, we both maintain git repositories with separate
branches for our
own development. Mine is rebased onto master every once in a while, so
it shouldn't
be considered a stable base for development.

You'll find mine at

git://git.op5.org/nagios.git dev

I'll rebase that one later today though, and possibly submit the patches to CVS
via the export-commit functionality in git.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev