status.cgi segfault without hostgroup parameter on solaris 10

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Sep 29 17:03:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

thanks for the fast response :)

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> It's been discussed and decided. The consensus is that we will as soon
> as Ethan has
> time to look through git and learn it to an acceptable level so he
> feels comfortable
> with it. Me and Ton are just waiting for the go-ahead, which we hope
> will come rather
> soon.

I'm pretty aware of the waiting period. It's more or less a repeated
question blown into the dev cloud ;)
It's just an idea of sharing patches easier. I like those GIT mirrors
available for public usage, but it's more overhead than having a single
official Nagios GIT repository, cloning that next my icinga-core.git and
if possible, backport patches and enhancements. And if more people would
get commit access to their respective heads (as we do in Icinga) this
would be easier too - just fetch latest commits and merge to a staging
branch for more testing (e.g. you or Ton or Ethan then). As said, just
an idea as we are all more or less core hackers with different problems,
than a scm should cause imho.

> In the meantime, we both maintain git repositories with separate
> branches for our
> own development. Mine is rebased onto master every once in a while, so
> it shouldn't
> be considered a stable base for development.
>
> You'll find mine at
>
> git://git.op5.org/nagios.git dev
>
> I'll rebase that one later today though, and possibly submit the patches to CVS
> via the export-commit functionality in git.

Yep, i've evaluated and partly merged them. Some caused problems (neb
module my_fcopy hacks, when loading more than one module), but I did not
get the time to look deeper into them. Although I will after getting
Icinga release done and stepping onto unstable branch. I'll get back to
you then :)

Kind regards,
Michael

--