Orphan hosts in hostgroup list

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Aug 4 11:43:54 CEST 2008

Bernd Arnold wrote:
> Some improvements (I think...):
>
> The orphan hostgroups and servicegroups are created every (!) time. So the link to extinfo.cgi works, too. (I've tried the schedule downtime for all services of an orphan servicegroup, though I think it's not very useful.)
> Maybe I'll find a way how to control the creation of these groups by a config value. Commands can be submitted to the orphan groups regardless of the show_orphan_... values so far.
>
> You can modify your cgi.cfg file to show orphan groups (they aren't displayed by default). Put these two lines in your cgi configuration file:
> show_orphan_hosts_hostgroup=1
> show_orphan_services_servicegroup=1
>
> The diffs should be applied to the current cvs files from the repository.

Cool stuff. :)

For extra points, make it not create the host/servicegroups if they aren't
going to be displayed.

Ethan, these patches look simple enough that it's worth applying imo. It's
also something some people have expressed wishes for. The default should
probably be to not show them though, and to not create them when they're
not to be shown. I can fix that later if you like.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se