Escalation issues

Chris Beattie cbeattie at geninfo.com
Mon May 6 20:26:38 CEST 2013

On 5/5/2013 11:29 PM, Alex wrote:
> I have also interval_length=60 in nagios.cfg. I don't understand why
> admins-escal isn't consulted after three consecutive attempts at
> communicating with the service. What am I doing wrong?

This is a silly question, but are there contacts who are members of the admins-escal group?  And do they have service_notification_options that overlap the ones defined in your escalation?

I haven't tried using templates for escalations yet.  Have you tried defining an escalation without using a template?

Does the config page for service escalations show anything?  The URL would end up being something like:
http://your_nagios_host/nagios/cgi-bin/config.cgi?type=serviceescalations&expand=mailhost

--
-Chris