Escalation issues

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue May 7 21:25:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

>> I have also interval_length=60 in nagios.cfg. I don't understand why
>> admins-escal isn't consulted after three consecutive attempts at
>> communicating with the service. What am I doing wrong?
>
> This is a silly question, but are there contacts who are members of the admins-escal group?  And do they have service_notification_options that overlap the ones defined in your escalation?
>
> I haven't tried using templates for escalations yet.  Have you tried defining an escalation without using a template?
>
> Does the config page for service escalations show anything?  The URL would end up being something like:
> http://your_nagios_host/nagios/cgi-bin/config.cgi?type=serviceescalations&expand=mailhost

Thanks for the info. I've ended up almost completely rebuilding the
configuration, trying to understand how it all works and get
notifications working, and stop alerting either too late or too many
times.

I have something that at least works now, but I'm continuing to make
changes to improve it.

Thanks again,
Alex