[Nagios-users] ANNOUNCE: NSCA-ng 1.0

Holger Weiß holger-ntLbU+u2Fft35pIdRWVIsoQuADTiUCJX at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 16 18:16:50 CET 2013

* Tech Support <support-Qnfo8ztTn5vR92Hmh3tCeA at public.gmane.org> [2013-03-16 10:41]:
>     I am trying to build NSCA-ng on a CentOS 5 server but am having problems
> related to OpenSSL. I already had OpenSSL 0.9.8 installed, and I built
> OpenSSL 1.0.1e from source, but when I do a ./configure, this is what I am
> seeing:
>
> checking whether OpenSSL is desired... yes
> checking for the location of OpenSSL... /usr
> checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
> checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
> checking for BIO_new in -lcrypto... yes
> checking for DSO_load in -ldl... yes
> checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... yes
> checking for SSL_get_psk_identity in -lssl... no
> configure: error: OpenSSL too old, version 1.0.0 or newer is required

The ./configure script didn't pick up your 1.0.1e installation.  You
could point to it using the --with-openssl=<path> option; and depending
on some details, you might also have to specify additional LDFLAGS.
However, if you just run

	./build-aux/make-openssl

before calling ./configure, everything should work out of the box.

Note that this only builds the client.  To also build the server, you
could run:

	./build-aux/make-confuse
	./build-aux/make-openssl
	./configure --enable-server