ANNOUNCE: NSCA-ng 1.0

Tech Support support at voipbusiness.us
Mon Mar 18 15:43:59 CET 2013

    That was it. It compiled without any issues. Thank you. I'm now having a
problem getting it to work correctly. It must be something that I missed
someplace. I took one of my perl plugins and simply redefined the send_nsca
binary and config file, while keeping everything else the same.

my $ETB = "\027";
# If we want to use nsca-ng instead of nsca.
$nscaprog = '/usr/local/sbin/send_nsca';
$nscacfg  = '/usr/local/etc/send_nsca.cfg';
foreach my $param ( @params ) {
    my $service = "Sys Info - $param";
    my $code    = $ERRORS{ OK      } if $stats->{ $param } ne $NULL;
    $code       = $ERRORS{ UNKNOWN } if $stats->{ $param } eq $NULL;
    my $message = "$param = $stats->{ $param }";
    $nsca_cmd  .= "$nscahost\t$service\t$code\t$message\n$ETB";
};
# Now send all of the results to the Nagios host.
my $retval = `$system /bin/echo -e "$nsca_cmd" | $nscaprog -H $nagioshost -c
$nscacfg`;

But I'm getting the error:
send_nsca: [FATAL] Input format incorrect, see the send_nsca(8) man page

Since the format is the same, I'm not sure exactly where the problem is. Any
insight at all would be greatly appreciated.
Regards;
John