Can't get service failure(warning) to send notification

booleanenator at gmail.com booleanenator at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 21:05:36 CEST 2012

One thing that just occured to me and I only thought of it just now. Are you using a PERL script as a notification command? If so, that could explain the wrong information. If Nagios was compiled with the embedded PERL interpreter and the script is not written with that in mind, it could easily happen. You can disable it on a per script basis as described in the docs. Don't remember exactly the line that you add to the top of the script but it is something like:

# nagios: -epn

As the second line of the script. Try that if this is even close to your setup.

I wrote a custom notification script specifically designed to use the ePN but it is very environment specific and would not work for most people.