Can't get service failure(warning) to send notification

James Pifer jamespifer at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:32:10 CEST 2012

On 10/17/2012 11:31 PM, Frank Bulk wrote:
> You can set up different checks looking for different failures.
>
> Frank

The correct check is failing. On the Centreon screen I can see the Warning:

"HTTP WARNING:
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found - 1428 bytes in 0.044 second response time"

But the notification related to that warning (because I can see the
notification count going up) is:

SUBJECT: Host UP alert for login2.pca.com!
BODY:

***** centreon Notification *****

Type:PROBLEM
Host: login2.mycompany.com
State: UP
Address: login2.mycompany.com
Info: PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.94 ms
Date/Time: 17-10-2012

The info seem to be coming from the Ping-LAN, not the CheckHTTP. Both services are associated to the host.

It says Host UP, Type PROBELM. I would prefer to see something like Service DOWN, Type PROBLEM, and Info: "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found - 1428 bytes in 0.044 second response time".

Thanks,
James