modify service macros

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Oct 2 12:20:22 CEST 2012

On 10/02/2012 11:38 AM, Marco Borsani wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I would modify $SERVICEDESC$ before Nagios use it to send notification.
>
> Due internal procedure I can’t modify the “service description” inside our
> configuration file.
>

> For example $SERVICEDESC$ is “aaaaa_bbbbb_check_tcp_port_1234”  I would
> change it in “tcp_port_1234” (“just” cut N-char at the beginning of the
> string)
>
> How can I do this  ?

Wrap notifications in a script of your own and cut as much as you like
from whatever you like. There's no sensible way to do it from inside
Nagios, since that will have ramifications for modules and everything
else. Notifications are (normally) not so frequent that wrapping them
in an extra layer of execution will matter.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.