modify service macros

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Tue Oct 2 11:38:07 CEST 2012

Hi all

I would modify $SERVICEDESC$ before Nagios use it to send notification.

Due internal procedure I can’t modify the “service description” inside our
configuration file.

For example $SERVICEDESC$ is “aaaaa_bbbbb_check_tcp_port_1234”  I would
change it in “tcp_port_1234” (“just” cut N-char at the beginning of the
string)

How can I do this  ?

Marco Borsani

Unix and Monitoring Sysadmin

Technical Operations Dpt.

tel: +39 010 4310115

fax: +39 02 30130311

cell: +39 329 5953944

ITnet Srl

Società con socio unico

Direzione e Coordinamento di Libero S.r.l.