nagios writing escalation rules multiple times to objects.cache

Chris Baldwin oogs at umich.edu
Tue Oct 2 17:14:50 CEST 2012

Well, I fixed the issue - as Andreas pointed out, it's a config issue
related to having host_name & servicegroup_name defined in my
escalations. I edited my rules, making them host agnostic, and now I do
not have duplicates in my objects.cache. I also reduced the raw number
of them - since they aren't tied to a particular host anymore, I don't
need as many config files.

Thanks!

-Chris B.

On 10/2/12 5:06 AM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 09:37 PM, Chris Baldwin wrote:
>> Short version:
>>
>> I have an ever-growing Nagios install for monitoring a bunch of linux
>> hosts (currently 99 hosts & 2322 services, I plan on adding 115 more
>> hosts & 1500+ services). I've noticed something odd with my escalation
>> rules - they're being repeated multiple times in my objects.cache file.
>> This is started to affect performance for parts of my nagios install, to
>> the point where it's painfully slow to use the web interface.
>>
>> My google-fu is weak today, so I was hoping someone here could point me
>> in the right direction.
(I edited out a lot of stuff here for legibility)