GSM gateway - virtualization ...

Ales Rikovsky Ales.Rikovsky at upol.cz
Wed Jan 18 10:09:22 CET 2012

Hi,

I'd like to ask any guru here in the list....
Is there anbody, who has experienced the subject mentioned above.

I'm running Nagios on OpenSUSE. OpenSUSE is a virtual machine under the
Windows 2008 HYPER-V. I'd like to send SMS messages instead of e-mails,
because mails can't be delivered in case the SMTP server is down. I
don't know  any specific hardware for GSM gateway and I have no idea how
to use it in virtual environment, how to connect it to RS232? port in
the host machine and forward it to the Nagios on the SUSE virtual??
Would anyone be so kind and give me an advice and will share his opinions?

Thanks in advance.

             Ales

--
Ales Rikovsky