Does nagios refuse the \ character?

Andrew Thompson andrew at fulgent.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 17:47:49 CET 2012

Does Nagios allow \ characters in check commands?

If I run this from the terminal:

Check_mssql_health --servername IP ADDRESS --username domain\\domain user --password QWERTY --mode connected-users

It connects off to my SQL Database and reports back the connected users.

I have put the following command into my servers.cfg file

# 'check_mssql_health Connected users' command definition
Define command{
                Command_name             check_sql_connections
                Command_line                 $USER1$/check_mssql_health --server $HOSTADDRESS$ --username $ARG1$ --password $ARG2$ --mode $ARG3$

And my service description reads:

Define service{
                Use                                        service-sql-server
                Host_name                        SERVER
                Service_description        SQL CONNECTION TIME
                Check_command             check_sql_connections!domain\\domain user!QWERTY!connected-users!

But when the check runs it outputs with a critical error saying it cant connect to the database because of a login error and its tried to use domaindomainuser. It has stripped out the \\

Is this normal behaviour of nagios?

Do I need quotes or something?

Thanks

Kind Regards