NRPE allowed_hosts directive

Wadud Miah (ITCS) W.Miah at uea.ac.uk
Wed Feb 29 15:55:29 CET 2012

Hello,

I am using NRPE version 2.7 and want to configured the allowed_hosts directive so that it can take a network address in the form network_address/netmask. However, it doesn't seem to support this, so I tried putting the IP addresses of all the hosts in the network. However, when I assign this variable to all the IP addresses (which is very long), I get this error:

Feb 29 10:49:30 cn004 nrpe[22540]: No variable value specified in config file '/etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg' - Line 65
Feb 29 10:49:30 cn004 nrpe[22540]: Config file '/etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg' contained errors, aborting...

When I truncate a number of IP addresses, it works fine. Do you know if the newer version of NRPE resolves this issue? Namely, can it accept network addresses (network_address/netmask) and/or take a long list of IP addresses? The former will be more convenient.

Regards,

Wadud Miah, High Performance Computing Systems Developer
Research Computing Services, University of East Anglia
Web: http://www.uea.ac.uk/~xca10fju/
Telephone: 01603 593856

Information Services