NRPE and IPv6

Thomas Pries seirp.samoht at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:32:20 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 27.02.2012 02:44, schrieb Robert V. Bolton:
> There is no need to patch Nagios to support and IPv6 address variable.
> You can just use a custom object variable. In fact this is the preferred
> way to do it. http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/customobjectvars.html

Thanks for the infos, but if I understand the mentioned docs right, the
custom object variables will not solve my problem.

My problem is, I define a host with "address 2001:....." and I got
"Invalid host name '2001:..." from check_nrpe.

I guess, whatever variable I take to handover the IPv6 to check_nrpe,
check_nrpe will still be unable to use the IPv6 to access the host, right?

Kind regards
Thomas