Nagios 3.3.1, event brokers, and debug.

Mike Lindsey mike-nagios at 5dninja.net
Mon Feb 27 00:14:19 CET 2012

On 2/24/12 2:26 AM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> I'd have to send you the new Nagios code and get Sven to help me patch
> mod_gearman to avoid using threads, but if you want to give it a shot,
> I'm sure we could have you up and running in notime.
We're going with something else in the short term, probably updating our
obsess commands to send data to multiple local servers, and pushing
freshness checking off the master, onto those local failover nodes.  We
finally reached the point where freshness checking on the master in
Nevada, if there was a problem in Europe, could actually make the master
fall far enough behind in processing passive checks.. causing cascading
failures.

Since we have a corporate directive to "Go Linux" we're just taking this
as one among *many* reasons to accelerate our migration plan.

--
Mike Lindsey