Nagios 3.3.1, event brokers, and debug.

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
Sat Feb 25 13:29:07 CET 2012

On 2/24/12 13:06, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> On 02/24/2012 11:37 AM, Sven Nierlein wrote:
>>>>
>>> Probably caused by fork() in threads. All bsd's are notoriously and
>>> retardedly picky about things like that, so programs that work just
>>> splendidly on Linux sometimes fail on *BSD.
>> Mixing threads and forks is not a good idea on linux too. The NEB module
>> part uses threads but no forks. The worker uses only forks but no threads.
>> Currently it seems to be a small problem in different behaviour of strdup().
>>
> But Nagios uses fork() aplenty after lots of threads have been created. I
> know this has been a source of problem many a time before.

Thats true, but the Mod-Gearman worker does not share code with Nagios. Anyway, the
hint was quite helpful and i got the worker and the neb module running on Freebsd 8
with Gearman 0.25.
https://github.com/sni/mod_gearman

Thanks for reporting this issue and thanks Andreas for your help :-)

Bye,
  Sven

Sven Nierlein             Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
ConSol* GmbH              http://www.consol.de
Franziskanerstrasse 38    Tel.:089/45841-439
81669 Muenchen            Fax.:089/45841-111