facing wiered problem in nagios not loading newly edited config files

Manish Kumar manikumar85 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:42:45 CET 2012

I have nagios core monitoring an IT infrastructure. I have implemented
hostescalations for some of the hosts and added notification of these
escalations to some groups which i later modified to replace and add
different groups but when i am done with the configuration and restarted
nagios , nagios core is still taking the older config and sending
notifications to the earlier added contact groups even though i have
removed and added new contact group. I am seeing in the log that nagios is
sending notifications to the newly added contact groups in addition to the
older contact groups. Even i have removed the older nagios.cache file and
when i restarted nagios new nagios .cache is produced in which i checked
and the older contact group still exists there. I am not able to understand
the issue. please help what can be the issue why nagios core 3.2.3 is not
nagios.cfg.

--
Thanks
Manish Kumar