Question about Nagios Features

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 28 11:19:27 CEST 2011

On 28.10.2011 05:30, Mike Lindsey wrote:
> Short answer:  Yes.
>
> Medium answer: The free version can provide all of this, but it takes
> some work to get what you want.  The paid version will give you a lot
> more of this right out of the door.
>
> Long answer: Go to nagios.org, read the docs,

understand the docs!

> play with the demo,
> download the software.  Install it somewhere, play with it for a day.
> Then go hit Nagios Exchange and download some addons that fix whatever
> you think doesn't work quite the way you want.

don't do that. come up with a design and an idea of your environment
including various use cases for various problems, some drawings and
target answers on the real questions. the docs don't reflect all
available addons which could possibly resolve the main questions, but
users's experience will tell - if you ask straight ahead.

not with that list which sounds rather "catch them all" ...

--
DI (FH) Michael Friedrich

Vienna University Computer Center

email:     michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at