Question about Nagios Features

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Oct 28 14:53:24 CEST 2011

On 10/27/2011 04:39 AM, Gian Karlo wrote:
> Sorry it should be Nagios not OpenNMS. Anyway I would like to ask it again
> if it is possible in Nagios. Thanks a lot.

A lot of questions here. Most of them seem to point to you wanting to start
a business based on packaging and selling Nagios to others.

If that's the case, you really should be doing your own homework, so go
RTFM's (there are about 12 of them that you'll find very useful and about
50 others that will be merel "useful" and about 4000 others that will be
completely worthless) and try it out for yourself.

If you're really (I mean, really?) interested in getting everything on the
list below, I'd suggest you contact one of the many companies that already
supply pre-packaged nagios solutions with all the boss bling and buzzwords
you mentioned on your list of requirements.

I know at least $paycheck_delivering_firm provides all of the list that I
could bare to read before my brain went all markety on me and I compulsively
started googling for "search engine optimization", "brand recognition" and
other crap that people with too much powerpoint time on their hands tend to
invest a significant amount of time into.

I'd rant further, but I must conserve my powers of evil sarcasm for tonights
party where my friends are sure to ridicule me for spraining my back in the
gym. Should be a good one.

Cheerios, and good luck

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.