Monitoring clustered services

Schimpke, Dr. Thomas - bhn Schimpke.Thomas at bhn-services.com
Wed Oct 12 15:41:25 CEST 2011

Hello Ashish,

is there a "virtual IP adress" connected with the service (like the
package IPs in ServiceGuard) ? If there is: simply monitor the service
by using the IP associated with the service and monitor the individual
hosts, the service might be running on. You may want to monitor and
notify the hosts using the check_cluster plugin.

check_cluster is useful for active/active clusters. In active/passive
clusters you'll get a lot of red services and that is probably not what
you want and the reason for your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas