Monitoring clustered services

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed Oct 12 15:32:47 CEST 2011

One solution to that problem is to use Mathias Kettner's check_mk and use its clustered service support:

http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_clusters.html

That's what I do here.

Another alternative is to create a third 'host' in Nagios  representing the cluster and monitor the services on that, and not on the 'physical' boxes.

Cheers,

Phil
--
Phil Randal | Infrastructure Engineer
NHS Herefordshire & Herefordshire Council  | Deputy Chief Executive's Office | I.C.T. Services Division