Problem with Konica and Canon printer

Andre Tann atann at alphasrv.net
Wed May 4 14:35:13 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

my nagios works fine with the Kyocera printers through the plugin
check_printer, but I still couldn't find out how to check these:

	Canon iR 1024
	Konica C252

Has anyone a hint for me how I could make nagios talk to these two
models?

The Konica tells me through the check_printer plugin about the toner,
but not about the paper tray.
The Canon doesn't tell anything using check_printer plugin.

Of course I have asked google, and heard about snmpwalk, but I don't
know what to do with the information snmpwalk gives me.

What can I do?

--
Andre Tann