Nagios Looking Glass with Groundwork 6

Tom Teska TTeska at bhccu.org
Thu Feb 10 18:22:48 CET 2011

I am trying to get NLG working with Groundwork CE 6 and am having
difficulty. I am using NLG version 1.06 and it looks like it's working
except it reports that I have 0 servers and 0 metrics. Needless to say,
I have many more than that!

Here is a copy of the debug output:
| Running Nagios Looking Glass in Debug mode

| *** WARNING ***
    |
| Leaving $Stub_ClientEnableDebugging enabled can expose information
about  |
| your environment to your visitors - don't forget to disable when
you're   |
| done debugging!
    |

| NOTE: No server/metric statuses will be shown in debug mode.

*** Download Stub -> DownloadFiles() running ***

Attempting to download files from <A
href="http://http://<server>/server/s3_download.php ( È )

Synchronising s3_class.inc.php with server ... up-to-date
Synchronising s3_config.inc.php with server ... up-to-date
Synchronising s3_filter.inc.php with server ... up-to-date
Synchronising s3_functions.inc.php with server ... up-to-date
Synchronising s3_lang_en.inc.php with server ... up-to-date

*** Download Stub -> DownloadFiles() finished ***

*** S3 Client -> CheckSyncFiles() running ***
Checking s3_class.inc.php ... File is OK
Checking s3_config.inc.php ... File is OK
Checking s3_filter.inc.php ... File is OK
Checking s3_functions.inc.php ... File is OK
Checking s3_lang_en.inc.php ... File is OK
*** S3 Client -> CheckSyncFiles() finished ***

*** S3 Client -> CheckIPAgainstACL() running ***

Client ACLs are disabled, skipped comparing IP to access lists.

*** S3 Client -> CheckIPAgainstACL() finished ***

Checking to see if we have a cache record ... no, need to contact the
server

*** S3 Client -> PingPoller() running ***

Attempting to contact the poller at <A
href="http:///server/s3_poller.php?fid=0&http://<server>/server/s3_poller.php?fid=0&gid=0

All data received and decrypted OK

*** S3 Client -> PingPoller() finished ***

-- OBJECT SUMMARY USING CURRENT DATA SET --

Servers (hosts):    0
Metrics (services): 0

The client and server directories are directly under
/usr/local/groundwork/apache2/htdocs

I have set
$ServerNagiosFeed = "/usr/local/groundwork/nagios/var/"
$ServerNagiosFiles has "comments" => "status.log", "downtime" =>
"status.log", "obj_cache" => "objects_cache", "status" => "status.log"

I have checked that the nagios user can get to the client and server
directories and all sub-directories.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tom Teska

E-mail confidentiality notice:

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.