check_openmanage PNP template (Was: check_openmanage errors)

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Apr 28 15:48:04 CEST 2011

"Randal, Phil" <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> writes:

> Is the beta of check_openmanage.php available for testing?

Sure, I put it here:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/beta/

Highlights of the template are:

  - works with the plugin's new perfdata API
  - removed unnecessary dependence on PHP >= 5.2 (good for rhel/centos 5
    users)
  - calculate power usage for the selected time period, in Watt hours
    and BTU

> I'm currently using a slightly modified version of the one in the latest PNP release.
>
> Two cosmetic issues came to mind:
>
> 1: Temperature is measured in Celsius, not Celcius

Yep, I know. That typo was the first thing I fixed :)

> 2: Formatting when reporting multiple sensors in one graph is irksome
> - the values don't align in a nice column (e.g. temperatures).  I
> 'solve' this by a judicious use of substr() and str_pad() to normalise
> the length of reported sensor names.

Hm... this could be tricky to do in a consistent and general manner (at
least the substr() part). The sensor names are as reported by
OMSA. Perhaps this could be accomplished with some RRD magic instead?

Tips and hints are welcome, since I'm neither a PHP expert nor an RRD
ninja :)

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo