nagios send_nsca

Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 09:01:41 CEST 2011

Ah, that's it Jim - thanks works a treat now!!

Thanks.
Julian Grunnell | UNIX Analyst, Infrastructure | TD Waterhouse
T: +44 (0) 113 346 2824 | M: +44 (0) 788 935 2527

Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk>
31/03/2011 16:25
Please respond to
Nagios Users List <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

Nagios Users List <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc
Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] nagios send_nsca

On 31 March 2011 14:42,  <Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi - hope someone can help me with the above, I want to use this to send
> multiple lines of output via send_nsca and them to be displayed as
separate
> lines in Nagios under the "Status Information" box BUT ALL for the same
> Service check. I've done this in the past and can't for the life of me
> remember how I did it now. So the input file will be something like
this:

is
> line 2<br> This is line 3<br> etc.
>
> Like I say I'm sure at a previous role I was doing it like this and it
> worked fine, however now all I get displayed in Nagios is:

> Rather than:
>
> This is line 1
> This is line 2
> This is line 3
> etc.

I'm not entirely sure, but is it this directive in cgi.cfg you need?:-

# ESCAPE HTML TAGS
# This option determines whether HTML tags in host and service
# status output is escaped in the web interface.  If enabled,
# your plugin output will not be able to contain clickable links.

escape_html_tags=0

reporting any issue.

Consider the environment: Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality:  This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus-free.

Brokerage services provided by TD Waterhouse Investor Services (Europe) Limited (a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank).  Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA registered number 141282), member of the London Stock Exchange and the PLUS market. Incorporated in England and Wales under registration number 2101863.  Registered office: Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX. Banking services provided by TD Waterhouse Bank N.V. authorised and regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank and the Financial Services Authority for UK Business (FSA registered number 216791).  Incorporated in the Netherlands and registered as a branch in England and Wales under branch registration number BR006780.