FW: Nagios - SunOS

Tan Kong Jo-B30930 B30930 at freescale.com
Thu Sep 23 10:08:38 CEST 2010

Hi Andreas,

We used the nagios-plugins version 1.3.1, that you suggested, to try to
install in SunOS 5.6 and SunOS 5.5.1.

Both have the same error when key in # ./configure to install.

It is something like the SUNOS missing gcc installation or configure is
not specified where is gcc installed.

# ./configure

checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... no

checking for nawk... nawk

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no

checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c

checking for gcc... no

checking for cc... no

checking for cc... no

checking for cl... no

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

See `config.log' for more details.

Any suggestion on this?

Any specific steps to make this works for those ancient SunOS 5.6,
5.5.1, 4.1.4, 4.1.3_U1?

Really hope for your advice...