Mixed-mode distributed Nagios setup?

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Sep 6 10:50:23 CEST 2010

  Yes , that easily done .

All the "node" nagios server are installed as a stand alone , and the
central one have a copy of all the configuration of all the nodes in
it's configuration files ( or equivalent to make sure all services and
hosts on remote node checks are identified by the central one) , and add
to the node servers the nsca submit script - and the nsca daemon on the
central one .

that will give the main IT team a global view and each local team their
own nagios to work with .

Just make sure that any change on a remote node is also reflected on the
central one.

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

Next year I will be doing the London to Paris bike ride to
raise money for the DogTrust (www.dogtrust.co.uk) .
Please Sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Assaf-Flatto