Mixed-mode distributed Nagios setup?

Danilo Godec danilo.godec at agenda.si
Mon Sep 6 10:38:19 CEST 2010

 Is it possible to setup several Nagios monitoring servers to operate in
a 'stand-alone' mode, but also send data to the 'central monitoring server'?

We have several networks which are currently monitored by one Nagios
server. Because there is an IT team for every network, we'd like to
setup monitoring servers into each network to perform checks and
notifications...

But since there is one 'head' IT team, we'd also like to send all check
results to a 'central' monitoring server, which ideally would also
monitor it's local network...

Is this achievable with Nagios?

   Danilo