Services on statusmap

Paul M. Dubuc work at paul.dubuc.org
Wed Oct 20 19:00:50 CEST 2010

Laszlo Csepanyi-Furjes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Nagios core 3.2.3. I have couple of hosts in my system and there are web services installed in every hosts that I would like to monitor. I implemened own plug-in for that purpose. So far the configuration is going well. But now I'm bumping my head into the wall. In the statusmap I can see only the defined hosts. How can I get the services visible there? Is it possible at all with the core version or do I have to install something extra?
>
> At least I found this picture: http://a9k.info/images/nagios.png
> It contains Chat, Staff, etc those should be services, right?
>
> Please help!

I think the status map is only for hosts.  The "Up" and "Down" status you see
on the diagram apply to hosts, not services.  (So Chat and Staff must be
hosts.)  Service status is "OK", "Warning" "Critical", etc.  You can select a
hosts (click) and double-click on it host to display its service status details.