Where to store plugins in a standard nagios3 installation

Gius, Mark mgius at createspace.com
Tue Jun 22 18:13:41 CEST 2010

We use two variables, USER1 and USER2 to reflect the location of the default Nagios plugins and any custom plugins that we write.  So a sample command definition looks like:

## Ping check definition
define command {
   command_name    check-host-alive
   command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1 -4
}

Where $USER1$ is defined as the location that our Nagios RPM installs plugins (/var/lib/Nagios/plugins I believe).

Most of our custom plugins are executed entirely on our central Nagios server, so this setup works well for us.

-Gius