nagios/opsview with qpage

Darren Hill darren at brucetelecom.com
Tue Jun 22 20:05:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have this contact script for my nagios/opsview to work.
I have qpage paging manually if I just tell it to run qpage, but I don't
want 2 contacts, one for hosts, one for services.

I need a way for it to figure out if it's a host or service page and
then run the command from there.

Any ideas what I've got wrong?

Running qpage manually works fine such as "qpage -dip darren this is a
test".

If I set it up to just use qpage and send it all, it pages but is all
garbled as it includes variables for a service in a host page that does
not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is the standard opsview submit_sms script which I am attempting to
modify to use qpage instead of sending an email.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

#

#

# SYNTAX:

my $usage = qq{

sms_darren

Usage: sms_darren

};

sub usage { if ($_ = shift) { print "Error: $_\n" } print $usage; exit 1; }

use strict;

use Switch;

use lib "/usr/local/nagios/perl/lib";

sub ldie { $_ = shift; print $_.$/; exit 1 }

my ($text, $message);

if ( $ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICEDESC} ) {

## TODO Need to check for ack message as well

## ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM

$text = "$ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICEDESC} on $ENV{NAGIOS_HOSTNAME} is
$ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICESTATE}: $ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICEOUTPUT} (
$ENV{NAGIOS_SHORTDATETIME})";
#
$text = "$ENV{NAGIOS_HOSTNAME} $ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICEDESC}
$ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICESTATE}: $ENV{NAGIOS_SERVICEOUTPUT} ($ENV{N
AGIOS_SHORTDATETIME})";

} else {

$text = "$ENV{NAGIOS_HOSTNAME} is $ENV{NAGIOS_HOSTSTATE}:
$ENV{NAGIOS_HOSTOUTPUT} ($ENV{NAGIOS_SHORTDATETIME})";

}

# Cleanup text

$text =~ s/\n/ /g;

my $maxchars = 135;

$text = substr($text, 0, $maxchars);

qpage -s nagios -p $CONTACTNAME$ echo -e $text