Where to store plugins in a standard nagios3 installation

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Tue Jun 22 13:01:07 CEST 2010

sandman42 at libero.it wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing nagios 3 on ubuntu 10.04.
>
> I've downloaded a plugin from nagios exchange, but where the file must be in
> order to be run?
>
> Particularly, I've downloaded check_cisco.pl from nagios exchange, and I've
> put it in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins
> I've also given a chmod 0755, and chown root:root.
>
> The problem is taht it is not recognized, i.e. in a .cfg file I've used it as
>

>       check_command	.pl	check_cisco -h $HOSTADDRESS$ -c public -i BRI0
>
> but when I do a
>
>       /etc/init.d/nagios3 restart
>
> I have the following error:
>
>       Error: Host check command 'check_cisco.pl -h $HOSTADDRESS$ -c public -i
> BRI0/0/0:1' specified for host 'ISDNRouter' is not defined anywhere!
>
> What have I done wrong????
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Francesco

The best place to put it is , in the same place that all other script
are located.

If you installed from source they should be in /usr/local/nagios/libexec

the easy way to find this is looking in the resource.cfg file in the
nagios /etc directory , the file has entry named $USER1$ = </some/path/>
that path is where the plugins are located.

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

I am doing a Charity Bike ride On the 27 of June for the
Capital to Coast Charity. Please help by Donating
http://www.justgiving.com/Lovefilm-capital-to-coast