Where to store plugins in a standard nagios3 installation

sandman42 at libero.it sandman42 at libero.it
Tue Jun 22 12:36:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm testing nagios 3 on ubuntu 10.04.

I've downloaded a plugin from nagios exchange, but where the file must be in
order to be run?

Particularly, I've downloaded check_cisco.pl from nagios exchange, and I've
put it in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins
I've also given a chmod 0755, and chown root:root.

The problem is taht it is not recognized, i.e. in a .cfg file I've used it as

      check_command	.pl	check_cisco -h $HOSTADDRESS$ -c public -i BRI0

but when I do a

      /etc/init.d/nagios3 restart

I have the following error:

      Error: Host check command 'check_cisco.pl -h $HOSTADDRESS$ -c public -i
BRI0/0/0:1' specified for host 'ISDNRouter' is not defined anywhere!

What have I done wrong????

Thanks in advance

Francesco